Friday, March 11, 2011

The road trip continues...

Well at least for my husband and his friend! The truck was fixed today and they are on their way. Somewhere on the same highway my mom and I traveled down, almost to Mississippi, headed for Dallas, was what he said on the phone a minute ago. I'm so excited for him to be here!

And as excited as I am right now, I know others in the world are less excited about their situation. My prayers are going out to the people in Japan. The whole disaster and everything those people are going through is really humbling to me I guess. After my whole post last night about being "homeless" and all my whining I feel a little foolish and I realize now how lucky I am. So many people lost EVERYTHING and I am sitting here with my family in a house that is standing, dry, with food to eat, water to drink, and a place to sleep. I have nothing to complain about. Nothing.

This all also got me thinking about things, some questions I had for Ronnie on the phone tonight were:
"What is going to happen to the reactors at the nuclear power plants in Japan if they can't cool them down?" (He gave me a looong detailed answer that used a lot of terminology I know I've heard before when he's talking with other Nukes but I'm not sure EXACTLY what it means...but I got the jist of it.)
"How is a sub affected during a tsunami?"
He assured me like he normally does when I have questions that relate to his job and his safety, that the Navy plans for every situation and is prepared to handle just about anything that may happen. Sometimes I don't know if he just doesn't want me to worry, or if I really should trust the Navy that much. I try not to ask really hard questions, I don't want him to think all I do is think about everything that could go wrong, because I don't. I'm just curious, but I know it will ease his mind about leaving me to do his job if he doesn't have to answer all of my deep, dark, serious questions. So I pick and choose which ones I ask and most of the time I'm satisfied with the answers I get.

Speaking of safety, I was looking at the "stats" tab on the dashboard for the blogging site today. It tells you how many times your blog has been viewed, the different browsers used to view it, and a bunch of other neat stuff. What really got to me though was where it shows what countries your blog has been viewed from, mine had views from China, Russia, and Iran.

It really makes you think twice about what information you post!

No comments:

Post a Comment