Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our old-school-homeless-road-trip Part 3

Well my mom and I have been on the road since yesterday morning. We had to make the decision to go on ahead of Ronnie since the part for his truck won't be in until later this week. And my mom needs to get back to work.

I could tell he wasn't too excited about letting us go ahead without him, and he's frustrated because we should have all been in Arizona yesterday, but he was a good sport about it. He knows I can handle it but I think he wanted us to all go together. He figured out distances and had hotel reservations for us within minutes, gave us the GPS with updated maps and made sure everything was good to go, which was so nice of him!

Yesterday we drove through Atlanta, Birmingham, and Jackson. We crossed the Mississippi river at night so we didn't get to see much of it. Currently we are driving through Louisiana, trying to beat the thunderstorms coming in with high chances of tornados. I think it would be neat to see New Orleans, especially on Fat Tuesday (not that I celebrate Mardi Gras) but we have to make it through most of Texas today!

We have seen a lot of interesting things, and will probably see a lot more. I decided that one day I want to take a long time to do this drive and adventure off the highway and see more of the country, instead of just driving from point A to point B as fast as possible. Sometimes that is okay but everyone needs to not rush around all the time, I think American stress levels would be lower if people would just take time and explore the world around them.
:]




No comments:

Post a Comment