Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's monday night...and I have no homework!

Since last August it seems like I have just been going, going, going! 
Last semester ended, and I was only on my Christmas break for a few hours before Miss Claira decided it was time to finally meet us!
After that it was complete busyness, new baby, Christmas, New Years, family time.
Then the Spring semester started.
And now it's over!
I have, yet again, congratulated another group of friends on graduating, without me.
It's hard sometimes to go to a traditional college because it is getting harder and harder to relate to my classmates. I am a couple years older than most of them, I am married, I have a baby.
But this is the school I feel I was meant to be at, and I am SOOOO lucky we were stationed here so I could graduate here!
When I think of graduation, I only picture the graduation ceremony for this school, because it is pretty much amazing! Picture a big white Greek amphitheater with this view(this was actually taken on campus, you can see the ocean from most buildings on campus too!), now add all the pretty decorations and the caps and gowns and happy family members and graduation stuff.
I can't wait!
A little over 3 months at home with Claira (which I am looking forward to enjoying), then I start my 3rd Senior year of college! Yes, I said 3rd Senior year! Unfortunately my dream graduation, from my dream school, requires some extra classes that are school specific, and my last two semesters will be completing those, and my Senior portfolio!

So, onto my SUMMER!
Saturday, Ronnie had a rare day off, he's not cleared to go back to his boat yet, but he still works long, inconsistent and at the moment pretty inconvenient hours, so we took advantage of that day off and went to Old Town to the Cinco de Mayo fiesta that was going on this weekend.
It was packed!
There were so many people, we walked and looked at a few booths, but it was hard to get around in the crowds of people with the stroller. We didn't want to walk ALL the way back to the car to get the sling to carry her in, so we went to an old fashioned root beer and beef jerky store. They had buy one get on free root beer floats, and some yummy beef jerky. So we sat and relaxed and people watched for a little while.
Claira smiled and talked to the people sitting next to us with a little boy, who was maybe 4 or 5, who kept telling me she was "the most ah-dowa-ble baby ev-ah!" and his sister who was probably 2, just kept trying to get out of her chair to try and feed Claira the hot dog she was eating (sharing is caring right???)
Then some of our friends called and invited us to go to dinner, and my other friend who we exchange rides home for babysitting, just happened to be available last minute.
So we went to dinner, babyless, and it was nice to spend time alone, with our friends.

On Sunday, remember those inconsistent work hours?
It was a Claira and Mommy day for most of the day! We went for a walk with Charlie, laid in the hammock on our back porch, listened to the Baby Einstein station on Pandora, rolled around on the living room floor, told secrets with Charlie, and ate our toes. It was a great day! :]

Today, we did some grocery shopping. Tomorrow will be some more giggles and walks and toe eating before the FRG meeting in the evening. I'm excited to start getting to know some of the other wives from the boat again, I stopped going after Ronnie had to come home early from deployment. A few of them didn't like that my husband was home when theirs weren't, even though he was home because he was injured and needed surgery. I can understand where they were coming from...but then I can't...it's nothing I would have un-friended someone on Facebook over!
Anyway, I decided to keep my distance until the boat came back, and now most of the wives have seemed welcoming, and of course everyone is in better moods with their husbands' home! ;]

Well, it's off to sleep for me! Tomorrow is a big day, Claira is trying bananas in her rice cereal in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment